•High value crop production: Organic Rice, fruit and vegetable production, commercial/community orchards •Agro-processing and agri-business enterprises •Farm tourism-oriented establishments and service
• A 10.5 hectare land acquired by the Provincial Government of Oriental Mindoro in 1937
• Initially developed as a fruit orchard planted with a wide array of tropical fruits
• Since 2016, it is being developed as an Agri-preneur Incubator to develop entrepreneurial competencies among our farmers and to showcase that there is money in agriculture
Agri-preneur Incubator: Creating A New Breed of Mindoreno Farmers
• A commodity-based learning facility for agri-preneurs adopting the value-chain approach to increase profitability from farming
• An enabling ecosystem for existing and would-be agri-entrepreneurs.
• Learning facility for agriculture/agri-business students to promote youth enrollment in agriculture
Creating a Vibrant, Viable and Sustainable Agripreneurial Ecosystem in Oriental Mindoro
Agri-Infohub is an innovative platform that aims to reach farmers at the grassroots level more effectively connecting farmers to better market leads and facilitate their access to technological information, counselling, training, storage, transportation, seeds and farm inputs. This will also help facilitate utilization of the numerous R&D outputs developed by research and academic institutions that had long been shelved and rendered inaccessible to farmers, women and youth engaged in agriculture.
Camilmil, Calapan City, Oriental Mindoro 5200 Philippines